We welcome your queries and appreciate all your concerns. Here are some common questions we always get.
Click on the + symbol to expand for more information.
- Sabun is not certified organic by any authorised body and it would be unethical to label ourselves as such. However, we do carry a range of certified organic essential oils and, as much as is viable, source organic and wild-crafted ingredients. Some of our products that are made entirely with organic ingredients carry the Made With Organic label.
- We hear this a lot! The short answer is "Yes, our products contain chemicals". Is that bad? Not at all. Simply because everything we come into contact with is made up of chemicals. It's just a matter of whether they are deemed safe or toxic, synthetic or natural.
Yes, most certainly. They would not be on our shelves if they weren’t. After years of research into skin care formulation, we are proud that our products contain only safe and botanically-derived key ingredients. Unlike commercial products that contain unnecessary fillers and that are bleached to white perfection, we keep our list short and source ingredients that go through minimal processing, so as to retain their optimum beneficial properties.
To maintain shelf life of your oil-based products, we use natural antioxidants to prevent rancidity. Certain formulations with high liquid content contain preservatives. We use non-toxic, synthetic and natural preservatives to ensure that your skin care is safe for application and long term use. Preservatives make up less than 1% of our formulations.
It is worth noting that the terms "natural" and "plant-based" may not always mean safe. Just as examples, poison ivy is completely natural yet highly toxic, and aloe vera when extracted poorly can cause severe skin irritation.
As much as we like to geek out on this topic, do drop us a mail with any concerns you may have. We’ll be more than happy to expound further!
- We make small, frequent batches to ensure you get the freshest goods. Stored under proper conditions, liquid products are good for at least 18 months, and then 2 years for dry products like powders and clays. Scrubs and masks are best used within 6 months of opening. We highly recommend using the spatulas provided or dry, clean hands when scooping from open jars, capping them tight and storing away from heat and humidity when not in use.
- A good quality essential oil when kept in cool, dark storage can generally last anywhere between 3 to 8 years, depending on the plant species. While its aroma can be long-lasting, the oil’s efficacy starts to diminish gradually after 2 to 3 years years.
Essential oils are ultra concentrated essences and long term direct skin contact can cause burns and/or dermal sensitization. We recommend you do so only with Lavender, Chamomile and Tea Tree. Even then, always on localized areas, with a cotton bud or applicator, and for one-off applications like disinfecting acne, insect bites, cuts and grazes. Do practice caution and never ingest essential oils undiluted.
Caution: Never apply essential oils undiluted on children below the age of 12 and on domestic animals. Young children and pets require less than half the regular dilution used on human adults.
- While our formulations are tailored specifically for reactive skin, every individual has a different threshold. We recommend that you patch test any new product on your inner arm or neck for any sensitivities or allergies you may have.
No, we don't operate a brick and mortar shop. However, we are very much looking forward to holding our pop-up stall events when Covid-19 restrictions ease. Do sign up for our newsletter to keep up to date!
Meanwhile, you can visit our stockist which carries our range of Aromatherapy Rollies, Linen & Room Sprays and Synergy EO Blends.
Allfer Spree @ Jcube
2 Jurong East Central 1
#01-20 Singapore 609731
Phone: (65) 9686 2975
Please call to enquire on stock levels and/or opening hours.
- We’ll always choose glass and paper wherever feasible. Certain plastic bottles are used for their recyclability as opposed to cardboard containers as not all paper can be recycled, depending on how they are laminated. We are mindful to reduce as much mailing material as possible without compromising stability such as breakage and spillage. Shipping materials from our suppliers are salvaged and reused to package your orders. So you may find us using fruit wrappers or recycled paper to protect your goods in boxes bearing other brands.